New partnerships for this year include:
- the City of Phoenix:Phoenix Renews urban revitalization program, designed to turn a vacant lot into a public education, garden, and art space;
- Arizona Forward and the ASU Sustainability Institute: Grand Canalscape Education Project, to revitalize the area on either side of the canal that extends from 7th St to Central Avenue.
- PetSmart: Grooming Salon Sustainability project, part of the PetSmart Zero Waste by 2020 initiative, to develop potential uses to reuse/recycle the tons of clippings generated each year rather than have them end up in the landfill.
- Rio Salado Habitat Restoration area, where AP Environmental students continue to expand on existing projects and work toward improvements in this Phoenix city park.
- The BVM Mission in Ghana, in the design of an appropriate solar oven technology and instructional aids to help provide clean, affordable cooking alternatives for the residents of the local village served by the mission.
- XCP, where teams are tackling a variety of issues, including cooling the south side of the science building, improving the flow of the lunchlines, developing educational activities for Girls Have IT Day and use by Diocesan elementary schools.